Courtesy of Bowdoin Sports Information
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Bowdoin women's tennis team advanced to the NESCAC Semifinals with a comeback 5-3 win over Williams on Friday evening.
The third-seeded Polar Bears (14-4) took down the sixth-seeded Ephs (6-10). The Ephs owned a 5-0 record against the Polar Bears in NESCAC Championship action.
- Bowdoin trailed 2-1 after doubles. The duo of Sarah Shadowens/Fleming Landau earned an 8-6 win at No. 3 to earn the point for Bowdoin.
- Devon Wolfe started singles off on the right foot for the Polar Bears, posting a quick win at No. 3 (6-2, 6-1). Sasa Jovanovic posted a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 5 for Bowdoin's third point of the match.
- With the team's tied 3-3 overall, Landau won a fast two-setter at No. 6, never dropping a game.
- Izzy Essi battled for a three-set win at No. 4 to clinch the match for Bowdoin. Essi won 6-4, 2-6, 6-3.
- The Polar Bears advance to the semifinals and face Wesleyan tomorrow afternoon in a match not scheduled to begin any earlier than 4:30 p.m. Bowdoin dropped a 6-3 decision to the Cardinals during the regular season.