Friday, May 4 through Sunday, May 6
The top four teams in each division shall qualify for the NESCAC Softball Championship. The single elimination championship will be hosted by the West Division winner beginning Friday, May 4 through Sunday, May 6. The tournament champion will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Championship.
East Division: Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, Trinity, Tufts
West Division: Amherst, Hamilton, Middlebury, Wesleyan, Williams
Pairings will be announced at the conclusion of the regular season. The top four teams in each division shall qualify for the tournament and will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- NESCAC divisional games won
- NESCAC divisional winning percentage
- Head-to-head results. When three or more teams are tied, the series record (which counts as a win or loss) is the next criteria considered among the tied teams. If still tied, then the game record against the tied teams will be used.
- Winning percentage against common non-divisional NESCAC opponents. Each non divisional opponent counts as one win, loss or tie regardless of the number of games played
- Winning percentage against common non-NESCAC opponents. Each opponent counts as one win, loss or tie regardless of the number of games played
- Head to head runs differential (8-run maximum)
- Average number of runs against vs. common divisional opponents
- Coin flip
Day 1 - Friday, May 4
Game 1: West #1 vs. East #4 (2:30 p.m.)
Game 2: East #1 vs. West #4 (5 p.m.)
Day 2 - Saturday, May 5
Game 3: East #2 vs. West #3 (9:30 a.m.)
Game 4: West #2 vs. East #3 (12 p.m.)
Game 5: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 3 (2:30 p.m.)
Game 6: Winner Game 2 vs. Winner Game 4 (5 p.m.)
Day 3 - Sunday, May 6
Game 7: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6 (10 a.m.)
Games shall start at the published time or 20 minutes after the conclusion of the previous game, whichever is later.